Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I promissed to tell you about my recent travels with Duntze. It was one marvel after another! Driva has never been to dwarf capital Ironforge. That's where most of us gnome exiles live, and that's where Duntze took Driva! The entrance to Ironforge was both intimidating and glorious. The size of it! Driva couldn't stop gawking.


Gateway to Ironforge


The city was huge, and Driva would be lost in an instant if it wasn't for Duntze, the reliable silly dwarf. He took me to Tinker Town where most of us gnome exiles live, and I got to meet Gelbin Mekkatorque, leader of all gnomes! We haven't got a proper king or queen for hundreds of years, but we have appointed the office of High Tinker to Mekkatorque. All this, Duntze told me, and I of course payed my respect to my leader.

From there we went to Deeprun tram. Now that's a marvel poor Dopey Driva can't describe. An underground construction like a steel wagon stuck on rails, moving fast as anything! It took us from Ironforge to the human capital, Stormwind.


Deeprun tram even went under water!


Stormwind was as huge as Ironforge, but not as beautiful. It was full of unbelievable tall people the like I've never seen! The entrance to the city was as faburaculous as the one to the dwarven city.


Stormwind city with all it's statues, neither one a gnome.


From Stormwind we payed for gryphon flight back to Dun Morogh. It seems impossible to travel so far and see so much in just one day! The world is much bigger and much smaller than I thought it was.

Driva feels like a simpleminded peasant after all these experiences. Now I know dear old Coldridge can hold me no more. Deftly Driva still wants to beat up troggs, but from this day hence she also wants to travel the world!



No comments: